Thursday, April 5, 2007

Encounter Jesus

Easter is approaching thus it becomes a time to reflect on Jesus and what he did for us on the cross. The fact that he willingly submitted himself to suffering death on the cross...for me is beyond comprehension. Jesus chose to be obedient to God so that we could have the opportunity to know God. That's an amazing fact...one we should prayerfully reflect on from time to time -especially now! Clovis Hills is having several services this weekend to celebrate Easter - we are anticipating many visitors this weekend...it's an exciting time!

Normally during this week, I am in Mexico serving on mission through Amor Ministries. This has been our Family Mission for the last 6 years. This year we did not go...not yet anyway. So, in previous years during this week, I'm swinging a hammer, sweating, getting dirty for Jesus and serving the poor instead I'm home writing on my blog! Although, I'm still focusing on Jesus and serving him in other ways, it is my hope that people prayerfully consider going to Mexico sometime this year. All you have to do is pray, decide when you and your family or small group could go and sign up!

Being on mission is one of the most incredible ways to encounter Jesus...I highly encourage it! Are you ready to enounter Jesus?

1 comment:

Mica Lynn said...

oh how I love you...it never ceases to amaze me how he connects our hearts from so far away...I am always inspired by you...I have the greatest mentor ever!!!