Friday, June 1, 2007

Africa

I’ve never visited Africa, but hope to have the opportunity one day. When I think of Africa I think of poverty, hunger, disease such as AIDS...sure it saddens me but mostly it humbles me in that I am healthy and certainly not hungry! :-) Then I think of my friend Mica who has graciously agreed to serve for 2 years...and she has been there almost 6 months now...how time flies! She is an amazing young woman of God who hopes to be used by God in a BIG way in Africa and all over the world. Clovis Hills has an incredible opportunity to participate with her in making an impact in Africa...very cool!

Horn of Africa Mission known as HOAM is a ministry that is directly involved in ministering to the African people by planting churches, leadership development, education and health clinics. Clovis Hills is financially supporting the ministry and we look forward to forming an intentional partnership that mobilizes many to travel to Africa...awesome!

Another way for us to get involved is to learn more about what's going on in the world. Kay & Rick Warren of Saddleback church are taking action when it comes to fighting AIDS all over the world and especially in Africa. A student at Saddleback created a video entitled 8000 a day/everyday...check it out...it will make you think.

Until next time...PEACE!



1 comment:

Mica Lynn said...

What a sweet Father we serve...who allows us to play a role in HIS plans for the nations! I love it! And of course my mentor whom I deem awesome..I love you! Thank you for the sheer joy of learning from you and for sharing in my heart for Africa and in the world..you are amazing!
ps everyone come to Africa haha