Sunday, October 7, 2007

Vacation...God's Gift

I try to blog every week...mostly on Sundays when I get a moment. Blogging does not come naturally to me however, I'm beginning to appreciate the value in sharing some of my thoughts.

Well, I did not write anything last week because I was on vacation! Woo, hoo! It was a great time of relaxing, regeneration and just plain catching up on stuff around the house. I'm so busy most days that I don't spend a lot of time shopping for personal stuff much less household stuff. Then there is the car maintenance stuff that usually has to be squeezed into my crazy schedule and I get more stressed by it all. So, I decided that this vacation was to be a low key experience and I ended up catching up on a lot of "maintenance" in my life.

My last vacation I ended spending a lot of time dealing with some of my dad's needs - he has Alzheimer's and is living in a facility for now. So, needless to say that one was not very restful...in fact, I couldn't wait to get back to work! Certainly, I'm still dealing with dad stuff but I intentionally decided to focus on some time for me amidst everything else. It worked! I did get some "me" time and returned to work this past week rested and renewed...God is good! I also was able to travel for the weekend to the Grand Canyon with my old friend that I've known since the 3rd grade...we go wwwwway back! It was a great time with an old friend exploring an incredible creation of God. Awesome!

If you have not had a vacation in a while...schedule one ASAP and let God be your "travel guide"!

No comments: