Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hangin' Out With God

Last Friday I spent some time with God during my "Solitude Day". I thoroughly enjoyed hangin' out with God, reading the Word, chilling and talking with him, singing and basically spending time contemplating about what he had to say. I love slowing down to read God's word and hear his still small voice...I'm not always clear about what he tells me but I usually am inspired by the Spirit.

Something I usually do during my daily quiet time is read My Daily Bread to get me started. The title of Friday's devotion was "Forgetting God". Basically it was about going through the day and forgetting about God. I have to admit that I all too often get caught up in the busyness of life and lose sight of God's hand in my life. Seems strange since I'm in ministry but it's the truth. Even though I'm busy about doing my Father's business...or so I tell myself, I forget to recognize His hand in it all! I thank God that he is patient with me! :-)

My Solitude Day is a welcome break for my busy life. It's like a drink of cold water on a hot day in the desert! Wait a minute, I don't think I've ever been in a desert-especially on a hot day! :-) Oh well, you get the picture...during my solitude time, God quenches my spirit when I need it most. This is what my Solitude Day has become and thus it's a high priority in my schedule. I encourage you to schedule a Solitude Day soon!

May your thirsty soul be quenched by God!

No comments: