Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Where Will God Have Me Go In My Lifetime?

International missions is one area that for most folks seems to be the hardest to embrace. Whether it's because of the cost financially, fear of crossing cultures, anxiety about eating "weird" food...have you tasted some of the food we eat?!? C'mon...deep fried twinkies!!! Yuck! Well, I have to admit, I have not "embraced" a deep fried twinkie...and I don't plan on it either. And that's not really the point I'm trying to make. The truth is that we have some pretty weird customs and traditions right here in Clovis California and so to limit ourselves by fear of the unknown is really a loss for us and what God can do through each one of us.

So, ask yourself the question: Where will God have me go in my lifetime?
  • Prayerfully seek His voice and listen to His "still small voice"
  • Learn what you can about world missions
  • Go to the various websites, google a country, pray for an unreached people group
  • Get a passport
  • Just get started

The International Mission Board is the missions organization that we often partner with when traveling overseas. They have recently put together a podcast which can be a great way to learn about all they are doing and thus some of the many opportunities before us!

Hmmm, where in the world is God sending me?!? I need to go hang out with Him...until next time...peace!

No comments: